Sunday, March 27, 2011

Estonian Music Days

A new piece, Ship hanging from the ceiling of a churh for a piano trio, was premiered at this year's Estonian Music Days by Ida Teppo - violin, Theodor Sink - cello and Faristamo Leis - piano at a concert in the Estonian Academy of Music and Theatre. The piece is a part of a three-piece cycle based on our trip to Vormsi island, at the west coast of Estonia, summer of 2010.

The piece is quite a step for me as a composer as I was trying out many things I had never done before and it is rather long, or around 16 minutes. It took me around 4 months to compose so it was a great feeling to see it come to life and performed by such good players.

We plan to record the piece in the coming weeks and then I will upload exerpts from it.

Here are some pictures from the rehearsals:






No comments:

Post a Comment